Sunday, February 7, 2010







I found this recipe here. It's called Clone of a Cinnabon and it got a lot of great reviews and all 5 stars, so that I decided to try it. It was delicious. I just changed one thing-added a little more margarine than required. The first time I tried it I found it a little dry.

I copied the recipe straight from the original.


Ingredients

For the dough
1 cup warm milk (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
2 eggs, room temperature
1/3 cup margarine, melted(I used 1/2 cup)
4 1/2 cups bread flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup white sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast


1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1/3 cup butter, softened


Directions

1. Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select dough cycle; press Start.
2. After the dough has doubled in size turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, cover and let rest for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
3. Roll dough into a 16x21 inch rectangle. Spread dough with 1/3 cup butter and sprinkle evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture. Roll up dough and cut into 12 rolls. Place rolls in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
4. Bake rolls in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes.

I didn't use the frosting the recipe called for, because personally, I don't care for frosting. I believe they are sweet enough as they are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment